Historic Walking Tours
The Frederick Law Olmsted Society is pleased to offer great opportunities to learn about our historic landmark village. Discover the winding roads, delightful parks, beautiful landscapes, varied architecture and much, much more!
The North Tour covers the area north of the railroad tracks and features the Longcommon (key to Olmsted’s plan), an architecturally significant school, a place of worship designed by Jenney, and homes by Silsbee, Wright, Perkins, and Purcell & Elmslie.
The South Tour includes Swan Pond Park, Scottswood Common, Wright’s Country Estate & service buildings, architecture by Jenney, Drummond, Kenny & Vinci, Wittlesey, and a home designed by Olmsted’s partner, Calvert Vaux.
2015 Tour Schedule
- May 31, (North side)
- June 28, (South side)
- July 26, (North side)
- August 30, (South side)
- September 20, (North side)
- October 25, (South side)
- Tours depart Riverside Train Depot, 90 Bloomingbank Road (main train station, east side of platform) at 2:00 p.m.
- Tours end at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- The cost is $15 ($10 for seniors 62+ and Olmsted Society members).
- Group tours arranged by calling (708) 442-7675 or via email gro.yteicosdetsmlonull@sruot. A deposit of $75 is required for Special Group Tours.
Advance tickets may be purchased below. Please select the appropriate ticket price (Regular – $15 or Discount – $10 for Seniors 62+ and Olmsted Society members).
|Regular Tour Ticket||$15|
|Discount Tour Ticket||$10|